Are You Trusting in the Lord?
By Dr. Alan Lee Herd, Sr., July 2, 2006
Grace Baptist Church, Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Click here to listen.
Right Click here to download.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your ownunderstanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
- DIRECTION: TRUST HIM
- Verse 5 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart."
- 2 Chron. 14:11"Then Asa called to the LORD his God and said, ‘LORD, there is no one besides You to help in the battle between the powerful and those who have no strength; so help us, O LORD our God, for we trust in You, and in Your name have come against this multitude. O LORD, You are our God; let not man prevail against You."
- Ps. 20:7 "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God."
- DIRECTION: TRUST NOT YOURSELF
- Verse 5 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding."
- Jer. 10:23 “O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.”
- Lk. 9:23 "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me."
- Isa. 55:8-9 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."
- DIRECTION: ACKNOWLEDGE HIM
- Verse 6 "In all your ways acknowledge Him."
- Colossians 1:18 "so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything."
- 1 Peter 4:11, "God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen."
- PROMISE: STRAIGHT PATHS
- Verse 6 "In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths."
- Psalm 34:1-4 "I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul will make its boast in the LORD; the humble will hear it and rejoice. O magnify the LORD with me, And let us exalt His name together. I sought the LORD, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears."
|Home||Help for Those Who Grieve||Reflections|